Skype for Business Queries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

We're using skype for business (but not office 365). Wondering if someone can help me with the following items:

1 How to get notification in skype when user is part of meeting, but is not online.
    2 How one can share file in meeting group using iOS.
    3 How to send files in a chat room  

Thanks

Taranjeet Singh

zamn

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Taranjeet Singh,

Q1:How to get notification in skype when user is part of meeting, but is not online.

A1: Based on my test, if the user is offline, he/she won’t join the meeting successfully, it's not supported, for details, please refer to the following picture

Q2:How one can share file in meeting group using iOS.
    A2: Based on my test, in a skype meeting, if you want to use SFB IOS client to share files with others, it not supported, but when others use desktop client share files with you, you could view the content on your IOS device, please note you need to use WIFI when you view the shared files, it’s not supported to use Cellular data.

Q3:How to send files in a chat room
    A3: Yes, when you send files in the chat room, you could press the following button.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Akabe Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Taranjeet Singh Sunday, April 16, 2017 6:45 AM
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:10 AM

All replies

• Request some inputs/suggestions from community out there.

zamn

Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:21 AM
  • Hi Taranjeet Singh,

Q1:How to get notification in skype when user is part of meeting, but is not online.

A1: Based on my test, if the user is offline, he/she won’t join the meeting successfully, it's not supported, for details, please refer to the following picture

Q2:How one can share file in meeting group using iOS.
    A2: Based on my test, in a skype meeting, if you want to use SFB IOS client to share files with others, it not supported, but when others use desktop client share files with you, you could view the content on your IOS device, please note you need to use WIFI when you view the shared files, it’s not supported to use Cellular data.

Q3:How to send files in a chat room
    A3: Yes, when you send files in the chat room, you could press the following button.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Akabe Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Taranjeet Singh Sunday, April 16, 2017 6:45 AM
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:10 AM
  • Thanks Alice

zamn

Sunday, April 16, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Hi Taranjeet,

You are welcome, I am glad to help you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, April 17, 2017 1:23 AM