Sharepoint Explorer View - Different Folder Icons Question RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple XP pro clients accessing my sharepoint server and utilizing Explorer View on Document Librarys to access and modify documents and folders.  I have 2 users whose folders show up differently than the others and have some strange capability limitations that the rest of my user base does not experience.  I tried searching around for a solution or at least an explanation to what is happening on these 2 machines.  The  folder icon is different on these two machines and shows 2 small documents over teh folder in the icon.  What does this mean?  How do i fix it so that this machine has the same folders and capabilities as everyone else?  Thank you in advance to any who can shed light on this subject.  I tried to post a screen shot, but this forum does not allow pictures.

Thanks,

Axiom

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:53 AM

Answers

• So, after a long time of not finding what i needed for this issue, i happened across the solution one day recently.

This issue ended being the Network Provider order under Advanced Settings in the Network Connections COntrol Panel.

Reordered the providers to the following list:

MS Windows Network

Web Client Network

MS Remote Desktop Session Host Server Network Provider

Symantec SNAC Network Provider.

Ended up that the Symantec SNAC was hosing up my system and causing network issues.

Per MS - this is the proper order to list the Providers in.

Hope it helps someone!

Jeremy
    • Marked as answer by Axiom19 Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:31 AM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:31 AM

All replies

• >I tried to post a screen shot, but this forum does not allow pictures.

Put your image in a public site that can be accessed anonymously and post here the URL.

Hi Mike,

I just finally made it back here in hopes for an answer to this question to find that i did not have my alerts set up correctly.  We are good now.

I have posted a picture here that shows that the folders are indeed web folders on these users' computers.  I have not idea why they show up as web folders on thiers and file folders on everyone elses.

http://www.l3av.com/images/ExplorerWindow.jpg

I have confirmed that these are "Web Folders" when i right click and select properties.  On everyone elses, it is a File Folder.  Please help 

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, May 3, 2011 9:11 AM Try to avoid full quote. It's mostly a waste of screen space.
    Monday, May 2, 2011 11:46 PM
  • Hi,

I am back and wondering if anyone has any advice on this.  This is still an issue for us and it is starting to create serious issues with being able to map network drives to our sharepoint doc libraries.  The folders on 2 machines are showing up as web folders instead of file folders.  See above post for link to image that shows web folders icons.  I am not sure if this is a WebDAV issue or what.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:47 PM
  • So, after a long time of not finding what i needed for this issue, i happened across the solution one day recently.

This issue ended being the Network Provider order under Advanced Settings in the Network Connections COntrol Panel.

Reordered the providers to the following list:

MS Windows Network

Web Client Network

MS Remote Desktop Session Host Server Network Provider

Symantec SNAC Network Provider.

Ended up that the Symantec SNAC was hosing up my system and causing network issues.

Per MS - this is the proper order to list the Providers in.

Hope it helps someone!

Jeremy
    • Marked as answer by Axiom19 Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:31 AM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:31 AM