locked
Can't connect to the Sharepoint OnPremise Source 'Invalid Site Url' RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I would like to know if the site url should have a specific format or should be open on Internet for an access from azure?

    I tested the tool from 2 servers , 1 server is a Sharepoint 2013 created from scratch and available from outside. The url is on the format https://servername.domainname.com . The migration was a success.

    Now I test from another server, this server is a Sharepoint 2013 server, but the database content is an upgrade of a Sharepoint 2010 database content. The url is on the format http://servername and on this server, the migration failed with the error Invalid Site Url. I'm sure that the url is correct, I can connect to the Url, my user is administrator od the site collection.

    I forgot something?

    Thanks for your help

    


    Guillaume Aldata Solution

    Friday, January 19, 2018 1:25 PM

All replies

  • Hello Guillaume,

    from what machine are you trying to connect to your SP OnPrem server?
    is it within same domain and network the SPS server sits ?

    Have you tried to "extend your web app" on SPS to be accessible using an https:\\FQDN format?
    I think the tool may expect the URL to be an HTTPS with FQDN instead of the internal http URL.

    On the affected SPS server you are trying to connect to, can you see any hints from ULS logs or IIS logs at the web frontend while you ran the tool?


    Please remember to mark the solution as the answer using "Mark as Answer". If you find a solution to be helpful, please use "Vote as Helpful".

    Monday, January 29, 2018 12:05 PM
  • Hello Steve,

    thanks for your answer, in fact it wasn't the https .

    I tested with another SharePoint 2013 OnPrem server created from scratch, without the Https and it works.

    The error is only for the site collection migrated from SharePoint 2010, some of my custom columns in some libraries wasn't recreate correctly after the migration from 2010 to 2013, I haven't take care of these columns, because they are used on document libraries that will be not migrate to SharePoint Online.

    And unfortunately, the fact that these columns aren't correct on my SP 2013 site, block the migration tool, even if the migration is for another document Library.

    The error that I have on the ULS is

    Possible mismatch between the reported error with code = 0x81070504 and message: "There is no Web named /_vti_bin/sites.asmx

    I will delete these columns and try again later.

    Thanks anyway for your help.


    Guillaume Aldata Solution

    Monday, January 29, 2018 12:35 PM