Skype for Business Client shows previous user display name on the top blue bar of the window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When I am doing IM with XYZ user top blue bar of the Skype for business client shows ZYX user Display name.

In fact I have done IM with ZYX user before. but is not showing correct information of the current user. Every where it is showing correct information only on the top blue bar of the window shows wrong, issue happening intermittently for few users. 

Does any one went through this issue before...?

• Edited by NDEVI Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:37 PM

All replies

• This sounds like a bug with the application. Try uninstalling your last round of Windows Updates or re-installing the SfB client all together.
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:01 PM
  • But it is happening for almost all the users in the site intermittently.
    Users are using OC/16.0.7766.2092 & OC/16.0.7766.2099 SfB version.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:15 PM
  • Hi NDEVI,

For test purpose, please try to delete SFB user profile for one specific client then test if the issue persists.

For SFB client side, please try to repair office and install the latest update for it.

For SFB server side, please try to run the command line in SFB management shell: Update-CsAddressBook, then test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:49 AM
  • Hi NDEVI,

Are there any update about this issue?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:30 AM
  • This is happening for other domain users too, It might be a bug on skype client version.

Thank you !!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:49 AM
  • Hi NDEVI,

What's your SFB client edition?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Friday, November 3, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Hi Alice,

I noticed below SFB versions having the issue

SFB 2016 MSO (16.0.8201.2200)

SFB 2016 MSO (16.0.7726.1042)

Thanks !

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 2:52 PM
  • I suspect it is a bug on SFB server, I see almost the users from different domains facing this issue...
    Monday, December 4, 2017 7:26 PM