Start menu troubles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After a fresh install of Vista64 I changed the location of where the music folder is. I changed it to the map E:/Music, but after that I realized I needed to change the drive letter of that partition and changed it from E to K. No problem so far but when I did that for some reason the functionality of the Music button in the right part of the start menu completly disapeared. This means I still see the button but there is nothing behind it. If I right click on it I only see 3 options in the menu that appears: copy, rename and properties. If I click on properties I only see a general menu where normaly there are like 5 tabs. The other buttons like Pictures don't have this problem because I changed the location after I changed the drive letter, but its very strange that by changing a drive letter I get something like this.

What is going on here? How can I enable the music button again so it does what it must do? Maybe by restoring defaults or something?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hello there Glorious100

I have been up until 2am trying to sort this problem after doing exactly the same thing you have done.

I was wondering as you posted this in August how you solved the problem as this thread is the only one i have found that exactly describes the problem i am having.

If you could email me the solution that would be fantastic.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 2:12 AM