Will you please help me with this message 'Windows Problem Reporting has stopped working' I am getting? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using Dell inspiration, vista. My PC was working fine until yesterday but today whenever I try to open programs such as Internet Explorer, Windows Defender and anything to do with windows give me this message 'Windows Problem Reporting has stopped working'. I am also having problem with my wireless connection. I have checked my main PC and the router and the main connection seems to be working perfectly but on my PC its not.  I have restored my system once to an earlier point and after that I am receiving this message in every 5 seconds. I also get this message while opening any application now. I really don't know what to do. Can you please help me solve this problem? pleaseeee.

Thank you.
    Maria

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Maria,

Please follow the below steps to enable or disable Windows Error Reporting (WER) problems.

Whenever a program hangs or crashes occurs, Vista is able to automatically send relevant information about the failure to Microsoft using Windows Error Reporting (WER), have this information analyzed and obtain a solution to the problem if one exists. In case you are testing beta versions of applications, you might encountered this situation many times. Some times the Error Reporting can be annoying, but it can be turned off using Group Policy Editor.
    1. To disable Error Reporting, open Group Policy Editor (Start-> Run-> gpedit.msc)
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting.3. Double click on the setting- Disable Windows Error Reporting.
    4. Click Ok and close the Group Policy Editor. Windows Error reporting will not show up next time any application crashes or stops working.

Good Luck!

Neo22
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 9:24 PM