maplestory and gameguard RRS feed

• Question

• OK everyone in Redmond stop working - this is critical problem

Just loaded my son's new computer with Vista Beta 2, why have children if you can't experiment on them, and he loves the look of it. 

Unfortunatly his favorite program is MapleStory, an online game popular with 10-14 year olds, and it will not start.  They use a utility called "GameGaurd" and it returns an error 360 on startup.  I tried it under win XP SP2 emulation and I got a BSOD.

Is this a know problem? Is there any info on a fix or workaround

Thanks

Bob

Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:40 AM

Answers

• I found a method to fix it.

Goto:

http://www.nynaeve.net/?p=52

Download DXWnd

Extract it, make a shortcut to the desktop and run it.

Click EDIT and then ADD

Specify the path (most likely C:/Program Files/Wizet/MapleStory/MapeStory.exe)

Check DirectX8

And make sure Auto-Correct mouse position is unchecked.

Press ok.

Now, everytime you want to run you need to start it through this program.

PS:

1. It will run in windowed mode but it will work.

2. You can't close the game normally, otherwise you'll get a BSOD. So use CTRL-ALT-DEL!

Sunday, October 22, 2006 7:58 PM

All replies

• To get MapleStory you will have to go to mapleglobal.com
    You can download it there and will also have to sign up for an account (free).
    I have been having the same problem - I got around the gameguard issue by making it run as admin - Game Guard is a hacking prevention system, it is also used to download regular updates to the game hence the problems with admin rights.
    However now the game starts but will only run for a short time before I get a BSOD and the pc reboots - plus while running gameplay occasionally freezes/lags for about 3secs at a time.
    I have enabled pretty much every compatibility setting there is except the XP SP2 compatability mode as this leads to every program thats running giving a not responding error and the whole PC eventually stalls.
    Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:52 AM
  • I am not a maplestory expert, I just downloaded the app and ran it straight.  How does one not run gameguard?
    Wednesday, August 30, 2006 3:23 AM
  • When I tried to run it as admin or win xp the system crashed (BSOD).
    Wednesday, August 30, 2006 3:25 AM
  • ok, sorry to bug u guys here but i must come clean. if game gaurd doent work its for the best. Cause my firend is obsessed with maple...but it came to a halt. Game gaurd doesnt protect you as a matter of fact. IT takes over you'r os (esentialy your computer) and may do wut it pleses. My firend got a virus about 2 days ago from palying maple. So he thinks its a virus. The problem and why he doesnt know is casue he cant re-boot his computer back up. It tries and take forever, he cant get into windows. And it has been confirmed that it is maple. To this day he cant get on the comp. Be advised this, game gaurd doesnt protect u, and its not something that works wit you'r anti-virus program, it can actually disable the program. Sorry to bother you all, and i hope this helps alot. My friend is getting all of his friends (including me) to never paly maple again...sadly i will never play again. i have found a site about it. contact me at hsjch5@yahoo.com and i will gladly give you the site so you may learn more about this!
    Saturday, September 2, 2006 10:26 PM
  • You just only need to go to MapleStory website to download it. MapleStory sometimes is also called MapleSea.

Website:  http://www.maplesea.com (Commonly use by Singaporean)

Or

http://www.mapleglobal.com

MapleSea is fun!!!

Monday, September 4, 2006 1:26 PM
  • hi folks,

Wanted to check if there are any updates to the fix for MapleSea on Vista?   I am running RC2 (build 5744) and i still have the BSOD problem (actually the system automatically reboots.)    tried applying compatibility settings but doesn't help.

any assist will make two young children (and their dad very happy! ;)

nick wong
    Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:52 AM
  • I found a method to fix it.

Goto:

http://www.nynaeve.net/?p=52

Download DXWnd

Extract it, make a shortcut to the desktop and run it.

Click EDIT and then ADD

Specify the path (most likely C:/Program Files/Wizet/MapleStory/MapeStory.exe)

Check DirectX8

And make sure Auto-Correct mouse position is unchecked.

Press ok.

Now, everytime you want to run you need to start it through this program.

PS:

1. It will run in windowed mode but it will work.

2. You can't close the game normally, otherwise you'll get a BSOD. So use CTRL-ALT-DEL!

Sunday, October 22, 2006 7:58 PM
  • When using DXWnd you dont have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to get the game to exit, just cancel the window open by DXWnd and it will close down maplestory automatically. Problems with Gameguard is hard to be solved since it is there to protect from hacks and it can reboot your computer even if you only have any memory editing program started at the same time, Im painfully aware of that :P Its just cuz usually hackers edit the memory in the game to cheat and thus Gameguard sees all memory editing tools as hacking programs and reboots your computer
    Monday, November 13, 2006 9:43 PM
  • The way u say it works.. it doesnt work for me  :S
    does any1 have other solution? or can u show some pics of what u say?
    thx
    Monday, November 20, 2006 9:31 PM
  • I have RTM and had the same problem but found solution after playing around. Delete the default shortcut and right click on MapleStory.exe and choose to run as administrator. It worked for me... after that, I just recreated the shortcut.
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:42 AM
  • I have the RC2 x64 and gameguard gives me "error 153, GG can't initiallise, a boot file is missing or corrupted"
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:11 PM
  • Anyone have an update on this? I had MapleStory running just fine until the latest GameGuard patch. Now it just exits telling me that it has detected a hacking attempt. I've got Vista RC1 Build 5600.
    Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:17 PM
  • Ok people.

MapleGlobal, and MapleSEA are two different versions of a similar game. Both are mmorpgs(massive multiplayer online role playing game). Each of them are different. Gamegaurd is meant to keep YOU from hacking into maple. NOT to keep people from hacking into your comp. Hence the name GAMEguard. MapleGlobal is still beta testing for Windows Vista. I dont know about MSEA because i do not  play that version.

To the person who said their friend could not get on the comp. You have to reformat your computer. Just have him call tech support of the manufactorer of the computer. They will be able to help.

Edit: Also, Using the window mode, is HACKING. GMs will ban you for it.

Monday, February 5, 2007 4:48 PM
  • Also, running MSEA or MGlobal via window mode is consider HACKING, and once logged, you will be banned.
    Monday, February 5, 2007 4:50 PM
  • MapleStory dose now work on vista, MapleGlobal fixed it, and maplestory is alot safer for vista because of the new secuity Microsoft put in vista it will not let the hacking tool run cuz it needs the kernel but dosnt have access to it.

PS: i hack on maplestory and its fun, but i can only do it in Windows XP

Monday, February 5, 2007 11:36 PM
  • I'm hacking too on my XP HDD LOL. Too bad it can't work on vista! When I run the engines, it keeps telling me a DLL error
    Monday, February 5, 2007 11:44 PM
  •  Nightmareboy wrote:

MapleStory dose now work on vista, MapleGlobal fixed it, and maplestory is alot safer for vista because of the new secuity Microsoft put in vista it will not let the hacking tool run cuz it needs the kernel but dosnt have access to it.

PS: i hack on maplestory and its fun, but i can only do it in Windows XP

The new patch is NOT compatible with Windows Vista. They have NOT fixed the problem yet. As I stated before, they are still beta testing it. It should be out by the end of Feb(I am not 100% of it, I am hoping it is though).

BTW, If you even had vista, you would know it wasnt because you would of downloaded it and installed it, or you would of gone to http://maplestory.nexon.net and checked the Updates/Notices. They did not say anything about the new patch being compatible with Vista.

Thursday, February 8, 2007 1:18 AM
  • i just wanna totally delete it from my computer? how i got vista 3 days ago i dont know much about it
    Monday, April 9, 2007 5:50 AM
  • click on the windows icon/start button, go to control panel. when it loads, click on classic view, then scroll down to programs and features, then scoll down to maplestory, and uninstall it.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 2:36 PM
  • i just went to google and searched download maple story. Game gaurd stops hackers.
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:56 AM
  • how do i download DXwind? they spend all they're time telling you about about it and no link -_-
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:12 PM
  • How to get MapleStory to work on your Vista Computer:

1)Uninstall previous version of MS.
    2)Download current version.
    3)Install it.
    4)Before running it, right click on the MS icon. Click on Properties. Then click on the Compatibility Tab. Click 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' Choose XP service pack 2. Click ok.
    5) Double click icon. Click ok to run by what ever internet security you are currently using. You will be prompted about compatibility, BUT you CAN still run it. Click 'Don't show me this message again.' and then click run program.

Yes, MS will work now without crashing your computer. I have been using under the compatibility for almost a month now, and NONE of the programs on my comp has detected any sort of possibly incompatibility or corruption.

Happy Mapling!!

- Xalandia (IGN)
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 1:58 PM
  • i always get game guard error intisalising 114
    is there any way to fix this o and i have windows
    please help thank you in advance
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 5:00 PM
  • when i download it theres no icon file no nothing
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:04 PM
  • ok thing is for 153 re install it if its still ther on desktop it will ask you to fix corrupted or missing files but i have a error 154.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 2:53 PM
  • Same problem here, if you find a solution please tell me
    Thanks.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 2:11 AM
  • How to launch maplestory client on windows vista?I messaged the asiasoft company via the qbox and they said that they are testing the maplestory client for windows vista.But why do i see so many people playing maple using windows vista  computers?

Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:26 PM
  •  

Hey erm i downloaded the program and stuff but when i created the shortcut and ran it there was no edit link,it was just a box with the title directx window mode launcher,no edit or anything
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 3:12 PM
  • Hey, um, no offense but, GameGuard prevents people using hacks to log on to the game. It does not do things to your computer other than block hacking related tools such as, packet editors, memory editors, cheat engines, and blah blah blah. Your friend did not get a virus from GameGuard. Tell him to throw away his crack pipe and keep quiet unless he knows if its true.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:20 AM
  • Game Guard is an anti hacking system because of kids like me like to have fun with things not made for the game and like to code it but they don't like it so they protect their game if game guard does not run it will just shut off

Monday, December 10, 2007 10:38 PM
  • Do this it's because of vista

Running MapleStory on Windows Vista:
     MapleStory does work on Windows Vista. One suggestion to have MapleStory compatible with Windows Vista is setting the compatibility of the program. Right-click your shortcut to MapleStory or the exe file, select Properties, and click on the Compatibility tab. Once you have selected the tab, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows XP in the drop-down menu. We also suggest that you restart your computer after applying the changes. MapleStory should work once these changes are applied.

Monday, December 10, 2007 10:40 PM
  • ok. i have just read through about 2 pages of random windows vista related stuff that no offense to all u vista users is a load of ***. to me (cause i have XP) I played maple story last year and after about one week as i tried to play the game like normal it AVG popped up and told me it had found a virus. if i tried to continue anyway it just closed the program. The i had no choice but to scan the entire computer for viruses. WHICH TOOK AGES! It found in one of the maple story files a trojan virus. I was then forced by my father to delete the entire game and have since then been trying to convince him that it was just a coincedence. I'm not sure whether what i have said confirms what u think or confuses u. I would just appreciate any help anyone could give me. ty
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:55 PM
  • those **** in my above post was a typo not actual swearing incase u were wondering.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:58 PM
  • This event recently happened to me...Is there anyway you can get protection while playing MS? My pc blacked out and whenever I restart it, it doesnt want to function in normal mode.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:01 PM
  •  

i think your right about the hacking tools,

maybe i cant play because gameguard sees hack

programs on my pc?..0_O

can someone make a list of programs that are considered hack tools?

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:44 PM
  •  

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:00 PM
  •  

can u help me plz

error 114 comes up every time  and  there is no compatibility tab

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:22 PM
  •  

Actually, I did all this. It worked fine for the first day, where i just click "Run Progran" at the Compatibility prompt, but then the very next day when i tried it, i got to the point after game guard initializes, and you click play. Before the screen went to the WIZEt logo and the other logo, i got a blue screen. I ran a virus scan and nothing came up. Any thoughts?
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:12 PM
  •  warior_98 wrote:
    I have the RC2 x64 and gameguard gives me "error 153, GG can't initiallise, a boot file is missing or corrupted"

i got same thing but i got Intel Pentium 4 HT Inside on Windows XP and i get same message..... wats the flippin problem?????
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 1:11 PM
  • Well ... i had the same problem . So i did some research and i found that  DT ( Daemon Tools ) + GG ( GameGuard) = BSOD ( Blue Screen Of Death ) . So the problem will be solved if u uninstall any DT Products .

Hope It will help you . It worked for me .

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:37 PM
  • it had happened the same things to me all the time, all you have to do it just log in again.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:45 PM
  • it had happened the same tings to me, all you have to do it just started Maplestory again.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:47 PM
  • let me think about it......., oh ya!!! you have to make a new account, and you put your e-mail into it. then you go to you e-mail, there will be this Maplestory's massage, you will saw a wedsit that it tell you how to download the Maplestory. and there you go!!!

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:50 PM
  • ofcores. Because if you wants to run Haking programe on vista, it is going to take a long time. i have try it before, too. but it dose not work

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:55 PM