none
How to remove "sync to task list" URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm running Project 2010 Professional, and have synced the project to a sharepoint task list.

I'd like to unlink these two files, but cannot find any option to do this.

Can any of the Project guru's walk me through the correct way to unlink.

Many thanks,

Don

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Donchik-UK,

The synchronization process from Project Pro 2010 is a manual operation (from "file" menu, "information") and not automatic. Thus the project is not automatically synchronized if you don't want to.

Then from the SharePoint side, you can simply delete the list.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:22 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the reply. So I can't delete the link even if I don't wish to use it any more?

Seems a little odd, but if that's the way it was intended. Usually you can remove the data links between different MS programs.

Don

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Hi Don,

Actually the way I see it is that there is no "link" between the MS Project plan and the SharePoint task list. When saving the MMP file, you have several options (save it in a sharepoint librairy, send it by mail, sync it with a SharePoint list...): synchronizing it with a SharePoint list doesn't create a link but just push data from MSP toward a SP existing or new list, giving you the ability to map fields. It is more like exporting at the first time, and updating the list for the next times.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:34 PM