none
Not responding - open a project in MSP pro 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I use MSP Pro 2010 with Project server 2010. When opening a project using "in Project Professional" option - it shows "Microsoft Project - Project1 (Not responding)", no error message and hangs. However, in PWA "Assignment details" and "Resource Summary" view are working, all other views display "The view failed to load. Press OK to reload..." message. No sub-project is used.
    Any ideas on how to fix this project to open in MS Project Pro? What would be the SQL query to see all resources for that project?

ds

Friday, May 23, 2014 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

• Do you have this unexpected behavior for all projects or just this one?
    • Can you try on another machine?
    • Can you try opening the project will PWA, check it out, publish it and check it in again?

I've seen many corruption issues solved simply by opening the project with PWA.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, May 23, 2014 12:18 PM
    • Do you have this unexpected behavior for all projects or just this one? - just this one has typical behavior
    • Can you try on another machine? - I tried other 5 different machines with different users, including Admin users
    • Can you try opening the project will PWA, check it out, publish it and check it in again? - I did try and found Assignment details and Resource Summary view are working. However, does not allow to edit in PWA (disabled all rows). Thanks.

ds

• Edited by DIPAK_sps Friday, May 23, 2014 1:09 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 12:59 PM