none
Private Cloud Install Question - I did read the other posts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We are evaluating the PC solution for our lab environment.  We don't need the self service portal/ticket system (SCSM), but want to build this out to see if we can use it to provision VM's for application testers, add more resources to VM's, patch VM's and other physical servers, monitor performance.

So today, being a SCOM guy, I installed SQL Server 2008 R2 CU6 on a physical server in our lab.  Then I started to do the install of the cloud via the universal installer.  When you get past all the WinRM problems, and start to pass the binary paths to the Universal Installer you then get to another screen that's asking for SQL bits, CU's, and other prereqs.  We didn't take the time to extract that all on this one particular box, so we gave up for the day and will resume work on Monday.

We selected all components except for Service Manager.  I know SCOM and SCCM require SQL, which is why we built a stand alone SQL server to be used.  What bothered me is that the non custom install seems to want to put EVERYTHING on one server.

Maybe I am wrong, but that was the impression I was getting.

So I went back and read through the guide.  It seems if we want to install how we have our servers now (two - one for management consoles, the other for SQL), then we would have to skip the unified installer, and install each component one by one.

Am I correct in my assumption?

TIA,

Blake

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/

Friday, April 20, 2012 11:36 PM

Answers