none
Summary View of Subprojects RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum, hoping you can help me with this.

I currently have a project plan that incorporates 6 sub-projects.  I would like to be able to create an overview section at the master level or even at another sub-project level that summarizes specific tasks from each sub-project.  

For example, from the deployment plan I want to be able to pull specific milestone tasks for technical stage and go-live dates.  At the same time I want to be able to pull the milestone tasks from the data plan for data conversions and data loading.

The deployment and data plans are sub-projects within the master plan.  I'd like to carry up to a summary start and finish dates along with percent complete at a minimum.

Any advice or direction you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Monday, April 24, 2017 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Barry,

I think you're looking to create cross project links between the master and subproject tasks. You'd have to create duplicate tasks in the Master for the tasks you want information displayed.  The Start and Finish date fields of those tasks would roll up to master.  Then, as needed, you'd want to refresh the master with updated data by opening the master and subprojects then accepting any changes. 

An option to see more information would be to check the "Show External Successors" or "...predecessors" options in the Advanced project options.  This then would show ghost tasks (light gray, non-editable) information.

Hope this helps a little. 

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:03 PM