none
Task Sequence error while installing Image - build with MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create an Image for windows 7 64 bit with help of MDT . I have to use this Image for few machines which are in remote locations.

I have Installed the Windows Image on a Dell optiplex machine and captured Image using gimagex tool.( OOBE and Generalize done )

Now I have incorporated this Image in MDT and added few applications to it. Since they are going to use a laptop model Dell E7240 i have included only the dell drivers ( out of box drivers ) of E7240 and included the nework drivers for Optiplex machine and used a standard task sequence in MDT.  I have updated the media and created a bootable disk.

Installation starts fine, I select the task sequence and proceed with other steps.

The execution of the task sequence starts and when it reaches install operating system it fails with below error

""

Failure 5624 :-1073741819 0xc0000005: Run Imagex:/apply"E:\Deploy\win7.wim" 1 c:

Litetouch deployment failed , return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005

NO valid network adapter found

Failed to run the action : Install operating sysytem.

unknown error ( Error :000015f8 ,source: unknown )

""

Please help me with this. Since I am new with MDT and in learning phase I am sure I am missing something very silly .

Thanks in advance !!

• Edited by Praveen VS Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:31 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:29 PM

Answers

• Is the error from the bdd.log file, or from the deployment summary dialog box?

I would be better if you could upload the *full* bdd.log file to a public site like OneDrive, and share the link here.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:34 PM