Vista-can't see camera jpg's (USB) RRS feed

• Question

• When I connect my Nikon Coolpix 3200 to new Vista laptop, it "gongs" but no drive letter appears in "Computer."  On my XP machine, I get a drive F: that is the camera.

Also, if I put the SD card into a mini reader I have and put that into the USB port, a similar thing happens.  There is a "gong," the light on the reader flashes on for second and goes out.  No drive appears.  On the XP machine, the light stays on and I get the drive letter to see the jpg's on the SD card.

????

May I say I hate Vista here?  (This isn't the first problem...just the latest of MANY.)

Why did my post have a gray background behind the text?

Monday, August 20, 2007 8:36 PM

All replies

• Solved:

Found a ptpusb.dll somewhere by a web search, put it in \\windows\system32, and machine then installed whatever it needed to see the camera.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 12:11 AM
  •  gladiator wrote:

Solved:

Found a ptpusb.dll somewhere by a web search, put it in \\windows\system32, and machine then installed whatever it needed to see the camera.

I did that and it didn't help at all.  I have a Nikon Coolpix L11, and the computer won't recognize or install the driver for the USB cable.  It's ridiculous.  Fifty dollars spent on a digital camera, and I can't upload pictures from it onto my computer.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:28 PM