none
"Email Page" for inserted Meeting into One Note

Question

• Hi,

I am inserting "Meeting Details" into Microsoft OneNote where OneNote reads my meetings from Outlook. This is the out of the box functionality in OneNote and I then use "Email Page" option to send the meeting notes to all the designated attendees. 

we have noticed a strange issue where Microsoft OneNote does not include all the meeting attendees when using "Email Page" functionality. we were not able to figure out why it can't include certain email ids. 

Please advise,

techie

Saturday, April 1, 2017 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there anything in common among these attendees? Are they external users?

Does this issue happen to all meetings or just certain ones? Have you tried creating new meetings to test it?

Does it happen in all pages in your notebooks? We may also try creating new pages, even creating a new notebook in your OneNote and then see if this issue continues.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:41 AM
  • It is happening only with two users who are not external users and it does not happen always..it is random.

techie

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:03 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid it could be difficult to find the root cause if this issue happens randomly.

>>It is happening only with two users who are not external users

Is there anything in common between these two users?

Do you have any antivirus/security program installed? The antivirus/security program always integrate into Outlook, which always cause some issues during sending/receiving emails. Please try contacting the support of the program and then try to disable the integration and then see if this issue continues.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:30 AM
  • I have recently discovered the e-mail page feature for meetings and I have encountered the same problem.

I've discovered a consistent cause.  It's related to the hyperlink of the Participant in the meeting:  (You can right click on a participant and edit hyperlink)

For some unknown reason some participants end up with different hyperlinks:

The standard format >> Display=LastName,FirstName - Hyperlink=mailto:emailaddress  << Works

Sometimes the hyperlink appears as: 

Display= LastName, FirstName (emailaddress) - Hyperlink=A fully qualified mail server address (example below)

mailto:/o=ExchangeLabs/ou=Exchange%20Administrative%20Group%20(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=...  etc

I'm not sure exactly how these 'Server Name' addresses get into the Meeting Notes, but I revised the meeting attendees and used an offline copy of the address book, and was able to get participants in my note that are included in the Email Page.

Friday, April 20, 2018 10:13 PM