increase Barcode size in word 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone.

im currently using a Mergefield to create a code 39 barcode in word2016 for a mailmerge.

{ DISPLAYBARCODE "{MERGEFIELD Barcode }" code39 }

does anyone know how i can increase the size of the barcode generated or the length to stretch it out a little so when saved as a PDF doesnt look distorted or blurred.

i was previously under the impression in could ad "\5000" at the end to increase the size but this doesnt seem to work on windows 10 using word 2016.

any help is much appreciated.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed you posted a duplicate question in Answers forum. Our MVPs in that forum have replied to you. Please check whether the following reply provide by Jay is helpful to your situation:

Please try to add a \h switch followed by the height in twips (20 twips = 1 point). The aspect ratio of the barcode is fixed, so increasing the height also increases the width and the spacing of the bars.

The default size with no \h switch appears to be about 1700 twips, so to add about 30% to the size you can use the field code

{ displaybarcode "{ MERGEFIELD Barcode }" code39 \h 2200 }

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, April 17, 2017 8:11 AM
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:28 AM