Changing Font Just for English or Latin Letters In The Document! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello dear friend, I work with a huge document and I need your help, I tried to solve the given task by myself, but couldn't.

So My problem is:

Having a document about 400 pages (The Text is in Georgian) Using Unicode font Sylfaen.. In the document there are also English, Franch, German and Latin Quotes.. So I need to change font (Font, Font size etc.) for tohose Quotes from Sylfaen to Calibri or something other.. How can I solve that problem?

(I wanted to use Find and replace option by according to Language but, Word Language Autodetection Can't detect everything well, it only detects the document only as Georgian)

Thank you In Advanced!

P.S. Also Need to change the font for all kind of numbers too.. :)

• Edited by USER-577 Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:59 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:16 AM

Answers

• You could use a wildcard Find/Replace, where:

Find = <[A-Za-z]@>
    Replace = ^&
    and you specify whatever font attributes you want to use for the replacement.

Note that this will only change the individual words, not including any white space or punctuation between them.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by USER-577 Friday, November 25, 2016 7:45 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2016 1:58 AM
  • To affect 'Latin' alpha-numeric strings generally, you could use a wildcard Find/Replace, where:

Find = <[A-Za-z0-9]@>
    Replace = ^&

With numbers, though, you might also encounter thousand & decimal separators, plus currency symbols and '/' characters (for dates). In that case, you could use a wildcard Find/Replace, where:
    Find = [$€£¥¢0-9,.//]{1,}>
    Replace = ^&
    and you specify whatever font attributes you want to use for the replacement. The currency symbols included in the above are just the more common ones. For a full listing, see, for example: http://www.xe.com/symbols.php

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by USER-577 Saturday, November 26, 2016 8:49 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2016 11:40 PM

All replies

• You could use a wildcard Find/Replace, where:

Find = <[A-Za-z]@>
    Replace = ^&

Note that this will only change the individual words, not including any white space or punctuation between them.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by USER-577 Friday, November 25, 2016 7:45 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Cooolll!

Greatest thanks macropod, worked perfectly, like a charm.....

According to this how can I do the same with numbers (With this the numbers're not affected)

Thank You in Advanced!

Friday, November 25, 2016 7:48 AM
  • To affect 'Latin' alpha-numeric strings generally, you could use a wildcard Find/Replace, where:

Find = <[A-Za-z0-9]@>
    Replace = ^&

With numbers, though, you might also encounter thousand & decimal separators, plus currency symbols and '/' characters (for dates). In that case, you could use a wildcard Find/Replace, where:
    Find = [$€£¥¢0-9,.//]{1,}>
    Replace = ^&
    and you specify whatever font attributes you want to use for the replacement. The currency symbols included in the above are just the more common ones. For a full listing, see, for example: http://www.xe.com/symbols.php

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by USER-577 Saturday, November 26, 2016 8:49 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2016 11:40 PM