how to properly register a dll file with win 7. on a deployment server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an application that works with a printer Bixolon SPR-350plus. this printer requires a .dll file for its operation. I could register the dll through administrator account in windows 7 (my development machine). I could also register it on the production server(Win 7 64bit OS) but when the application requested for the printer, it always generate an error : "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {587CCA26-D3FA-402C-B5A0-259DF7E96D55} failed due to the following error: 80040154." Please help.  However it does work only on win vista 32bit.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking this issue, could you tell us more information about your application?

Is it compatible with Windows 7?

Does it work with Windows 64-bit clients?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 29, 2011 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After checking this issue, could you tell us more information about your application?

Is it compatible with Windows 7?

Does it work with Windows 64-bit clients?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 29, 2011 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:35 AM
  • The printer is working fine from the development environment on win 7. but after deployment it generates the error: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {587CCA26-D3FA-402C-B5A0-259DF7E96D55} failed due to the following error: 80040154" It works fine on vista 32 bit.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:55 PM