Save every message regardless of mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange 2007 environment running in SBS 2008. Due to the nature of the company I work for we are not allowed to delete any emails to comply with government regulations. My boss has asked me to make sure that no messages actually get deleted, even if someone shift+deletes them. I am curious if it is possible to auto archive a copy every message before it is sent to the corresponding mailbox in exchange 2007? If you need more information to answer the question I would be happy to obtain it for you.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 5:19 PM

Answers

• So I take it that means there is no way to set up a Message Record Management to prohibit the deletion of messages?

If you want to use something built-in to Exchange, then you need to upgrade to Exchange 2010 and use litigation hold.

WIth Exchange 2007, use the built-in journaling feature

• Marked as answer by jhayes1982 Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:12 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

no autoarchive is not a solution. So archive solution is implemented in Exchange 2007 in order to achive this.

Use tools like Symantec enterprice Vault (http://www.symantec.com/enterprise-vault) in order to archive your mail so that you are complient with government regulations. Please refer your local government security agency in order to get some support which tools will achive the government regulations.

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com

• Edited by Peddy1st Tuesday, July 3, 2012 5:29 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 5:29 PM
  • So I take it that means there is no way to set up a Message Record Management to prohibit the deletion of messages?
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 5:42 PM

If you want to use something built-in to Exchange, then you need to upgrade to Exchange 2010 and use litigation hold.

WIth Exchange 2007, use the built-in journaling feature

• Marked as answer by jhayes1982 Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:12 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:52 PM
  • I do believe that the Journaling feature will give me the results that I was looking for. Thank you for your assistance.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:13 PM