none
Steady State Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I successfully downloaded and installed SS but I encountered an error message when I tried to log on with our guest account after I had set up the settings. When I tried to log in under guest I received a message saying "Windows Cannot Copy File". The message was actually much longer than that but I did not have time to write it all down. My computer then proceeded to countdown from 30 and then popped up an error message stating "Profile Could Not Be loaded". Any thoughts on what happened here?

Thank You.
    Monday, June 9, 2008 4:26 PM

Answers

•  

Hi David, we can first try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.       Unlock the user if it is locked in SteadyState.

2.       Press Windows+R and type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation mark) and press Enter.

3.       On General tab, click "Delete…" and "Delete files" in Temporary Internet Files.

4.       Press OK.

5.       Log off and log on to check if the issue occurs.

If the issue still occurs, please let me know the detail error message.

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:50 AM

All replies

•  

Hi David, we can first try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.       Unlock the user if it is locked in SteadyState.

2.       Press Windows+R and type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation mark) and press Enter.

3.       On General tab, click "Delete…" and "Delete files" in Temporary Internet Files.

4.       Press OK.

5.       Log off and log on to check if the issue occurs.

If the issue still occurs, please let me know the detail error message.

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:50 AM
  • I am supporting multiple public computers and steady state looked like the greatest solution for malware/trojen prevention but I am having the same problem.

At loading profile eror:

Windows can not copy file C:\documents and settings\"profile".orig\local settings\tempoorary internet files\content.IE5\40SPL6IS\;R25=1;R32=1;CHN=1;DWE=2.........

to location c:\documents and settings\"profile"\.......

Every time I receive the eror I have to delete the account and the profile than recreate them.

I experienced %20 daily failure in firt 5 days. After deleting and recreating the acount on all computers now I have around 10% weekly failure.

the acoount I am using is a standart local user with windows restrictions through S.S.

I will appreciate if you have a solution for this

Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:18 PM
  •  

Hi, you can refer to the following thread and check if this helps resolving the issue:

Error: "Windows cannot copy file. The filename or extension is too long."

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3481278&SiteID=17

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:48 AM