Client and "Windows for Legacy PC's" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sure it's not a supported configuration, I was just wondering if anyone's had any experience running Softgrid/AppV clients on WFLP installs?
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:05 AM

Answers

•  

The last I talked to someone from Microsoft about this the statement was.  This isn't supported and can't be licensed. 

Just to be shure this statement is for any Windows Embedded thin client.  But I never specifically asked for WFLP, but since it is based on Embedded XP I assume the statement would be the same.

mattmcdermott

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:33 PM

All replies

•  

The last I talked to someone from Microsoft about this the statement was.  This isn't supported and can't be licensed. 

Just to be shure this statement is for any Windows Embedded thin client.  But I never specifically asked for WFLP, but since it is based on Embedded XP I assume the statement would be the same.

mattmcdermott

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:33 PM
  • Yeah, XPe is not on the list of supported clients (like XP Home...). Nevermind that the capability of such PCs could be on the low-end (by def) making it inpractical to have large SG cache etc.

br,

Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:45 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:18 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 2:26 PM