none
Group Policy-Preferences-Shortcuts to All Users Start Menu - Acces Denied RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a look over a few posts there and checked a things over and it's still not working.

Setup is

Win2k8 SP2 - 2k3 DFL & FFL

Win2k8 R2 - DFS

Windows 7 & Windows 7 SP1

We have Roaming Profiles and Redirected Folders - This is working fine

We can Place short Cuts on the Desktop not a problem as this is redirected, and the user has full permission

But when we try and use it place them in the start menu using Variable and Defind path it gives the error in GP Results and Event Viewer

Result: Failure (Error Code: 0x80070002)

This is with both Computer Preferences & User Preferences & Loopback On.

The System has full permission to the folder

ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I have already run the MPSRPT_PFE_X86 and look through the logs and it shows the same error codes ect.

Ask which CSV files or Txt file you want and I can post it up.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What related event error can you read in Event Viewer? I also would like to confirm that if the account you used to place the shortcuts to the Start Menu has enough permissions?

For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft article:

Enabling the administrator to have access to redirected folders

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288991

Would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")

Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=dd4c286f-a995-4b81-8736-d351f09fd5c4

Password: FY0k#vPE!Y+LCp

Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding.

Collect Gpsvc.log

==============

To collect the GPSVC.log, we need to modify the following registry:

Subkey: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics

Entry: GpSvcDebugLevel

Type: REG_DWORD

Vaule data: 0x30002

After the issue reoccurs, find and upload %windir%\Debug\UserMode\Gpsvc.log file.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:27 AM
  • I have uploaded the file. The problem occurs every time someone logs in as it's set as a user policy. Also I have been using a Domain Admin, this has ruled out user permissions I would of thought.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

After reading the GPsvc.log, no import clue can be found.

Would you please describe the symptom in detail? For example, how did you place the shortcuts and when did you get the “Access Denied” error message?

In addition, have you check and verify the permissions settings as the Microsoft KB article mentioned in my previous post?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:47 AM