Outlook 2013 not accepting password RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 email accounts in my Outlook 2013. 2 are work and Office 360. They work fine. My third is a personnel Verizon account hosted by AOL. I can get my E-mails on my Iphone and Web mail but can not get it in Outlook.

I have tried to fix it by deleting the account and rebuilding it and that does not help, I have checked all the ISP setting for that account and they are correct.  

Help!!!

THX

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:40 PM

All replies

• If you're configured like the ISP says and can connect to the other mailboxes, then there are a few possibilities - but the most likely is bad password.

To continue downstream your username could be wrong, your machine may not be able to resolve the ISP server names, you may have bad name info in your HOSTS file, a firewall isn't letting you connect over the relevant ports to the ISP's servers, or a proxy is sending you to the wrong place.

-Eric

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 4:36 PM
  • Hi,

From your description, we know that you cannot use your Verizon account with Outlook. Since your issue has more relation with Outlook client side, and Exchange server forum mainly discusses and provide suggestions about Exchange server issues, we will help you move this case to Outlook forum. You will get more professional suggestions there.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:44 AM
  • Hi,

We are not sure the reason for this issue now. To narrow down this issue, we need to confirm some information with you.

1. How do you configure your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange? Please check the incoming and outgoing server and ports again.
    2. >> Outlook 2013 not accepting password
      What do you mean by this? Does Outlook keep prompting for password?If so, please try change your password and update in Outlook client.
    3. Can you send messages normally through this problematic account in Outlook client? 

Besides, please try creating a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile then add the problematic account to it and see if there is any difference. There is also a possibility that the original profile has been damaged.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, July 5, 2019 8:17 AM