none
Lite Touch Drive Duplicator? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I currently deploy Win 7 with the use of Lite Touch MDT via USB flash drive. Is there a way to integrate this process with a drive duplicator Omiclone Xi? It currently takes one hour to complete one laptop via a flash drive with the Lite Touch install. We operate in the Public Safety area where time savings is a concern.

Thanks

Saturday, February 22, 2014 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you should look after other distribution methods, rather then using or intending to work with clone tools. PXE network deployments can be much faster. Depending of the content in your image, because when you say your deployment takes approx. one hour. I'm just curious what you are deploying.

Another suggestion can be using a 'staging room', with a local network not interfering with your production network to stage machines, which can then be swapped for new machines that need to be staged.

Just my 2 cents!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, February 24, 2014 12:34 PM
  • You might want to consider "Cloning" and "deployment" to be two different steps.

Use MDT to create a "reference machine", and once done, sysprep the machine and shutdown.

Then you can remove the Hard Disk and clone. This process works great for environments where you *know* all machines will have identical hardware and software configurations.

Otherwise I would avoid the "Omniclone" type systems, and just multicast the image out to all the machines at once. At some point physically removing the drives and moving them to a "cloning" appliance like OmniClone will just be too much overhead.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:09 AM