none
DNS lookup resolves to 1.1.1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So we have a strange one.

login.live.com redirects to login.live.com.nsatc.net and should give IP-adres 131.253.61.96 (probably among others).
    However, when we try to login to login.live.com our DNS resolves the address to 1.1.1.1

We have an AD-integrated DNS with 3 DC's. I've tested our forwarders, they resolve the address correctly.

When I run dnscmd / clearcache (on all DC's) the problem is resolved for the first ping but usaualy by the time I ping the address again the it wil once more retrun 1.1.1.1.

I've checked my hosts files, flushed the local cache (ipconfig /flushnds).
    The eventlog shows no errors, dcdiag runs fine.

At the moment I'm at a loss how to resolve this issue so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Roel

Monday, August 29, 2016 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1.If you can post an unedited ipconfig /all of this server and client, we can further evaluate the machine's configuration to eliminate any basic configuration problems, and possibly provide suggestions and recommendations.

2.Please ues the debug mode to check the resolve procedure,type nslookup=>set d2=>type login.live.com .Also check the DNS debug log,is there any information related?Find out how it resolve to 1.1.1.1.

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1.If you can post an unedited ipconfig /all of this server and client, we can further evaluate the machine's configuration to eliminate any basic configuration problems, and possibly provide suggestions and recommendations.

2.Please ues the debug mode to check the resolve procedure,type nslookup=>set d2=>type login.live.com .Also check the DNS debug log,is there any information related?Find out how it resolve to 1.1.1.1.

Best Regards,

Cartman

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 2:40 AM
  • Hi Cartman,

Thanks for the reply and the insight however the problem seems to have resolved itself overnight somehow. Maybe there was something transient with one of our forwarders but at the moment I can only speculate.

Regards,

Roel

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:33 AM