IIS Application Pool discovery - application pool name RRS feed

• Question

• I'm am trying to build a management for discovery of IIS application pools whit specific names. The discovery finds the application pools, but I cannot get the name of the application pool to show up in the inventory. I'm not sure I'm using the right base class for my class definition and how to get the application pool and it's properties especially it's name to show up in discovered inventory.

An example of a discovered inventory with the current configuration

Name:  Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.ServerRole (here I would like to see the name of the application pool)
    Path name: SAXOVM124.sys.dom\Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.ServerRole\IIS Web Server\Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.ServerRole
    Display Name:  IIS Web Server
    Pool ID: (empty)

Management Pack configuration
    The class
         <ClassTypes>
            <ClassType ID="SB.LJ.SampleAppWebServers.Class" Accessibility="Internal" Abstract="false" Base="MicrosoftWindowsInternetInformationServices2003!Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.ApplicationPool" Hosted="true" Singleton="false">
              <Property ID="DisplayName" Type="string" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" Length="256" MinLength="0" />
              <Property ID="PoolID" Type="string" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" Length="256" MinLength="0" />
              <Property ID="ApplicationPoolIdentity" Type="string" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" Length="256" MinLength="0" />
            </ClassType>
          </ClassTypes>

Discovery
    Target ="MicrosoftWindowsInternetInformationServices2003!Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003.WebServer"
    -------
    Query
    <DataSource ID="DS" TypeID="Windows!Microsoft.Windows.WmiProviderWithClassSnapshotDataMapper">
              <NameSpace>root\MicrosoftIISv2</NameSpace>
              <Query><![CDATA[select * from IIsApplicationPool where name like '%TFA%']]></Query>

br
    Lars
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:12 PM

Answers

All replies