locked
Item Not Showing In Calendar View RRS feed

  • Question

  • We're running SharePoint 2007, specifically 12.0.0.6421. We use a vacation calendar and have content approval on the calendar for staff to request time off. The process works great. This week, it was brought to my attention that one item is not showing properly. On the calendar the request is for 7/11/13 - 7/19/13. The calendar view only shows this event for 7/15/13 - 7/19/13. The four days on the previous week (7/11-7/14) for this request don't show up. If you go into the details of the event however the start and end date are correct, 7/11-7/19. The item appears properly in the list view as well. The week of 7/11 has about 13 different events on it, the following week has about 5. Not sure if that matters.

    I've not been able to track down why it doesn't show properly on the calendar view. Similar posts and items I've found on the internet mention SP2 fixes this (which we already have) or people have eventually just gave up and made a new calendar and then it will work. I did try to save the calendar as a template (with the content) and make a new one but the problem still exists.

    Does anyone have any ideas on a resolution for this?

    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:53 AM

All replies

  • Hi Nate,

    It might be that in the previous week, the week of 7/13, that there were already events, and those events have lower ID's and as a result, they show in the default calendar view.

    The solution would be to add a content editor web part the calendar page, make the chrome setting to none, and then insert the code found here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3609717/calendar-expand-all-by-default

    Please note:  there are a few different options on that page; but, I think this is the one you  want:

    <script type="text/javascript">

    _spBodyOnLoadFunctionNames.push('WaitForCalendarToLoad');

    function WaitForCalendarToLoad()
    {  
        SP.UI.ApplicationPages.SummaryItemRenderer.prototype.$2u = function ()
        {
                ULSvSp: ;
                if (!this.$1A_1) this.$1A_1 = 100;
                return this.$1A_1
            }
    }
    </script>


    Stacy

    Friday, June 14, 2013 1:26 AM
  • Hi Stacy,

    Thanks for the suggestion. I did add code to expand all the events on the calendar and while that did work, that particular event still does not show for the first week.

    Friday, June 14, 2013 11:31 AM
  • Can you advise what time the event is and how many events are before it?  Does it not show on the list view even if you expand the day?

    Also, have you tried deleting and recreating the entry?


    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

    Friday, June 14, 2013 11:50 AM
    Answerer
  • That's interesting...I checked and it doesn't show on the monthly view, but it does show on the daily and weekly calendar views. The event was specifically scheduled from 7/11 12:00a - 7/19 11:59p and is marked as an all day event. There are 14 events scheduled for that week. I have not tried to delete and recreate the event yet.
    Friday, June 14, 2013 2:44 PM
  • Try unchecking the box that says it's an all Day event.  I can't test at the moment but I seem to recall all-day events not showing on some of the views.


    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

    Friday, June 14, 2013 3:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but other all day events do show up on the monthly calendar. And the weird thing is this one shows up fine for the 2nd week of the request, just not the first few days of the first week.
    Friday, June 14, 2013 5:51 PM