Windows 7 Premium / Toshiba RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Toshiba laptop and my dad shut it of when updates were being configured. When it says do not shut off. Now when i turn it on it goes to the configuring screen and stays there. Is there a way to get it back to normal without losing all of my personal data.... which would happen if i had to re-install the operating system cd.... windows 7 premium. I need my comp for school and am failing a class because of no computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, August 6, 2011 1:28 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Friday, August 5, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Have you tried to "Boot Last Good Configuration" from the F8 Boot Options menu?
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, August 15, 2011 8:53 AM
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 1:44 PM
  • Have you tried to "Boot Last Good Configuration" from the F8 Boot Options menu?
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".

Adding on teddy advise, if last good configuration doesn't help, do a repair. Choosing a repair instead of a fresh install should keep your personal data intact

Or alternatively boot into safe mode and see whether you're able to uninstall those updates through ctrl panel>programs>programs & features>view install updates & next remove from the list of updates

• Proposed as answer by Nemanja Janic Monday, August 8, 2011 1:47 PM
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 6:32 AM
    Answerer

All replies

Saturday, August 6, 2011 1:44 PM

Adding on teddy advise, if last good configuration doesn't help, do a repair. Choosing a repair instead of a fresh install should keep your personal data intact

Or alternatively boot into safe mode and see whether you're able to uninstall those updates through ctrl panel>programs>programs & features>view install updates & next remove from the list of updates

• Proposed as answer by Nemanja Janic Monday, August 8, 2011 1:47 PM
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 6:32 AM
    Answerer