SBS standard 2011 user name change due to marriage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of the users at one of my sites got married and I want to change the surname of the user on AD and on EMC. I have read a few forums but there is none that clearly contains the steps to do this change specifically on SBS 2011, because changing details like this manually on SBS is not a very good idea according to my experience. So, changes must be made through the SBS Console in order not to destroy the profile completely. 

Is there maybe a SBS wizard that can lend me some knowledge? :)

Thanks

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:02 AM

Answers

• You can do this one of 2 ways:

1. just go to AD and change the display name and then EMC and change the email address
    2. Change the name in the SBS console, you will then need to change the username folder and add the email addresses you want

Gareth | IT Support

• Proposed as answer by IbanezWiz Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Friday, April 5, 2013 9:25 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:15 AM

All replies

• You can do this one of 2 ways:

1. just go to AD and change the display name and then EMC and change the email address
    2. Change the name in the SBS console, you will then need to change the username folder and add the email addresses you want

Gareth | IT Support

• Proposed as answer by IbanezWiz Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Friday, April 5, 2013 9:25 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:15 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. There is folder redirection also set up, will it create a new folder on the server or will SBS automatically change the name of the current share to the new one or must it also be done manually?
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 10:13 AM