Outlook Anywhere RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a problem with my exchange 2007 server. We have several branch locations that use Outlook Anywhere to connect but non are able too. Outlook never connects.

When i do the test at testexchangeconnectivity.com it get the following error:

Attempting to ping RPC endpoint 6004 (NSPI Proxy Interface) on server localservername.domain

the attempt to ping the endpoint failed.

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVALIABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the Runtime Process

But, when I use outlook 2010 from home, using outlook anywhere, it works fine.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

I am a little confused becuase you said non are able to (connect with Outlook Anywhere) but later you said you can do it using Outlook 2010 from home. Can you provide more information:

1. Who cannot connect to Outlook Anywhere? the branch office user or main office user (I mean, where is the affected user's mailbox location)?

2. Whose user account is used when runing the online test in testexchangeconnectivity.com?

3. Whose user account is used when you run Outlook 2010 "at home"? On where this user's mailbox is resided?

4. Do you have Exchange server (CAS, Mailbox, Edge/Hub) in EACH branch office?

5. Where is Outlook Anywhwere proxy server? The main office or each branch office? What is the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy\ValidPorts regkey?

Thanks.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:39 AM