How to create ProjectResources in Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I have simple question.

I have such code on c#:

// Create a local resource and assign the task to him       

Guid resourceId = Guid.NewGuid();           

csom.ProjectResource resource = draft.ProjectResources.Add(new csom.ProjectResourceCreationInformation()            {               

Id = resourceId,                Name = "Some Name" 

});            draft.Update();

After execution of this code I can see in Project online in the tasks in the Column "Resource Names" the check box with "Some Name". 

I want to do this manually, but I don't know where can I create this Project Resource.

Can you help me to find?

• Edited by Max Karyonov Monday, June 22, 2020 8:32 AM edit title
    Monday, June 22, 2020 8:31 AM

Answers

• Hello,

When creating resources I would create them as enterprise resources then add those resources to the project team. See steps below:

• Access PWA as a PWA administrator
    • Access the Resource Center in PWA
    • Click New and complete the form for the new resource - there are different types of resources and you can also sync the resource pool with an AD group. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-a-resource-to-project-web-app-71c6aa5c-2a97-4cbb-9814-26289c62c471
    • Once resources are added, create / open the project and add the resources to the project team - if you are using PWA to open / edit projects use the Build Team button on the Project tab, if you are using Project Desktop press Ctrl + T with the project open. Add the resources as needed
    • Then in the Resource column next to a task click the cell and you will be able to select from the resources you have added to the team.
    • Save and publish the project as normal

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by PWMatherMVP Saturday, July 4, 2020 9:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:06 PM