synaptic touchpad RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Sony laptop/Windows 7 with a wireless mouse that was programmed at the store at time of purchase. Depending on the scenario I sometimes use the wireless, sometimes the touchpad, but now the touchpad has stopped responding - it doesn't work. Please advise how to resume use of touchpad. Can't both tools be available at the same time? If not, what do I need to know to switch between the two? Thanks.  
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:48 PM

Answers

• Check to ensure you have the latest driver installed for the touchpad and the wireless mouse.

For information about switching between the mouse and the touchpad, you must refer to your user manual or contact Sony Technical Support.  That is not a Windows 7 feature, but a feature of the Sony hardware and/or the Sony software utility.

This forum is for the Windows 7 operating system.  It is not a Sony hardware diagnostic forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by patmecat Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:33 PM

All replies

• Check to ensure you have the latest driver installed for the touchpad and the wireless mouse.

For information about switching between the mouse and the touchpad, you must refer to your user manual or contact Sony Technical Support.  That is not a Windows 7 feature, but a feature of the Sony hardware and/or the Sony software utility.

This forum is for the Windows 7 operating system.  It is not a Sony hardware diagnostic forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by patmecat Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:33 PM
  • oops, yes I see now what you are saying. thanks for your response.
    joanne poppenk
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:11 PM