Starting Windows with msconfig (services) disabled. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently disabled the msconfig (services) trying to fix my computer. This happened when I restarted it while msconfig (services) was disabled.

Now I cannot get to the login page to open/fix windows. Any suggests/help would be appreciated. 

Friday, August 26, 2016 8:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could try to enter safe mode and check the result.

Advanced startup options (including safe mode):

The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.

Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers and services as possible causes. Other options start Windows with advanced features intended for use by system administrators and IT professionals. For more information, go to the Microsoft website for IT professionals.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, August 29, 2016 9:33 AM

All replies

• Try loggin on to safe mode and check. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 29, 2016 2:36 AM
  • Hi,

You could try to enter safe mode and check the result.

Advanced startup options (including safe mode):

The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.

Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers and services as possible causes. Other options start Windows with advanced features intended for use by system administrators and IT professionals. For more information, go to the Microsoft website for IT professionals.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, August 29, 2016 9:33 AM