SharePoint document library and attachment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I get  a request from my customer.

he is using document library to upload lots of invoice pdf files. then he use SharePoint out of box approval workflow to get managers to approve those invoice.

everything is good so far. but some managers think it would be better to allow them to put attachment when they approve the invoice?

anyone has idea how to make that happen?

Friday, June 10, 2011 5:50 PM

Answers

• You could use InfoPath forms that allow attachments. The downside is that you have to open up the infopath form to see those attachments. You could also try using document sets, but i haven't tried workflows with them.
    Hope that helps,
    SharePointNinja
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, June 17, 2011 3:36 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 6:17 PM

All replies

• You could use InfoPath forms that allow attachments. The downside is that you have to open up the infopath form to see those attachments. You could also try using document sets, but i haven't tried workflows with them.
    Hope that helps,
    SharePointNinja
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, June 17, 2011 3:36 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Hello SharePoint Ninja,

Yes. you are right I am thinking about using InfoPth, but it looks like we need to do lots of work include training. users get used to the original way to approve it.

I do not know too much about document sets and I will take a look at this option.

Friday, June 10, 2011 7:13 PM
  • Document sets can be approved as a whole but i have heard some people have difficulty with them. You will need to turn the feature on before you can use them. Good luck!

-SharePointNinja

Friday, June 10, 2011 9:10 PM