Windows shows black screen with mouse cursor after logon welcome screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, please i need help.

i just installed some updates on my windows 7 Dell Laptop, which the updates includes: Microsoft Essential and i updated my vlc. later on i did restart and after welcome screen i just saw my laptop black out with mouse cursor. i thought it will just be for some minutes or maybe due to some changes i just did. but it was all like that for more than 30 mins. it was so really frustrating, i wanted to browse to do some work i couldn't do anything again i have to stay awake for two hours shutting the laptop down and booting again still  the same thing.

after on i tried to boot in safe mode, which was successful but i realized that some of my softwares would not open, i shutdown again to boot to normal windows thinking maybe is because i boot in safe mode. it was so worst in normal windows. still on black screen but it didnt last long for 15 mins and the desktop background came up. i was happy  but still my softwares like browser, corel and some other apps will not open, i decided to uninstall the vlc again, but showing me you dont have sufficient permission to access the application please contact your computer administrator. i was just helpless.

the screen task bar atimes turned to white if i restart the windows or shut it down and put it on again. but windows media player works perfectly i can watch film and i can scan with the Microsoft Essential. i checked the settings to see maybe is the Microsoft Essential i downloaded that denied me access to the applications but is not.

MS Word Not opening, Firefox not opening file explorer not working device manager not working, i also tried to use cmd to chkdsk showed me access denied. nothing than to just post the issue if i can see any favourable solution will be so glad. i have tried to do system restore although i will loose the Microsoft Essential Application. that still will not come up at windows startup. and i will not want to accept windows reinstall option cause i will seriously have to start from the scratch and it will cause me stress and time loss. please help out.

Thanks

Monday, October 8, 2018 3:08 PM

Answers

• This is Jsticks

I think i got myself a great deal answer.

tho i tried all the answers provided nothing worked really. so i decided to switch from windows 7 to windows 8, i was so bordered i just cant handle windows 7 problem anymore, is getting me so worried always.

windows 8 is cool also, and active antivirus already available.

so took windows 8 installation disc i click on F12 to boot order.

so i followed the instructions fortunately my installation disc showed

PC: Error Occurred with the installation. your system will be restarted

my system did restarted and it showed me start up repair recommended and start windows normally.

so i took the chance to do start up repair recommended which led to repair mode

i took almost 15 mins to repair and it showed up click finish to restart or i should wait for 10 secs to restart automatically.
    i clicked on finish and it restarted to normal windows and i put in my password.

really my system was restored back to previous good configuration and all my softwares and programms are working....

but i just still don't know maybe is the Microsoft Securities Essential that caused the problem or the updates

Thanks

• Marked as answer by jsticks Monday, October 8, 2018 5:00 PM
    Monday, October 8, 2018 4:59 PM

All replies

• This is Jsticks

I think i got myself a great deal answer.

tho i tried all the answers provided nothing worked really. so i decided to switch from windows 7 to windows 8, i was so bordered i just cant handle windows 7 problem anymore, is getting me so worried always.

windows 8 is cool also, and active antivirus already available.

so took windows 8 installation disc i click on F12 to boot order.

so i followed the instructions fortunately my installation disc showed

PC: Error Occurred with the installation. your system will be restarted

my system did restarted and it showed me start up repair recommended and start windows normally.

so i took the chance to do start up repair recommended which led to repair mode

i took almost 15 mins to repair and it showed up click finish to restart or i should wait for 10 secs to restart automatically.
    i clicked on finish and it restarted to normal windows and i put in my password.

really my system was restored back to previous good configuration and all my softwares and programms are working....

but i just still don't know maybe is the Microsoft Securities Essential that caused the problem or the updates

Thanks

• Marked as answer by jsticks Monday, October 8, 2018 5:00 PM
    Monday, October 8, 2018 4:59 PM
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your update and sharing. As always, if there is any issue in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again. We are happy to assist you!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:06 AM