none
MDT 2013: ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by ZTIWindowsUpdate: ActiveX component can't create object (429)

Question

• Hi,

I try to capture a custom image but at the end of the process, I get the following error (see attached image):

ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by ZTIWindowsUpdate: ActiveX component can't create object (429)

Could someone help me to solve this please?

ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by ZTIWindowsUpdate: ActiveX component can't create object (429)

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:16 PM

Answers

• Can you reproduce the issue?

try running from the command line:

cscript.exe ztiwindowsupdate.wsf /debug:true /debugcapture

that should show the line number where the program crashed.

Additionally, you might check the WindowsUpdate.log file to see if it reported any errors.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:34 AM

All replies

• Wow, since 2 months, nobody has got this issue too?

Can't believe it.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:12 AM
  • Yep, we have that problem to, but not all the time. Still no solution on it I'm affraid.
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:03 AM
  • Can you reproduce the issue?

try running from the command line:

cscript.exe ztiwindowsupdate.wsf /debug:true /debugcapture

that should show the line number where the program crashed.

Additionally, you might check the WindowsUpdate.log file to see if it reported any errors.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:34 AM
  • Hi everybody,

I'm getting this message time to time and I don't know why. I have the ZTIWindowsUpdate.log who says:

<![LOG[Ready to Opt-In to Microsoft Update: WUA Version: 7.6.7601.18804]LOG]!><time="15:35:07.000+000" date="04-14-2015" component="ZTIWindowsUpdate" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIWindowsUpdate">
    <![LOG[ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by ZTIWindowsUpdate: ActiveX component can't create object (429)]LOG]!><time="15:35:37.000+000" date="04-14-2015" component="ZTIWindowsUpdate" context="" type="3" thread="" file="ZTIWindowsUpdate">
    <![LOG[Event 41002 sent: ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by ZTIWindowsUpdate: ActiveX component can't create object (429)]LOG]!><time="15:35:38.000+000" date="04-14-2015" component="ZTIWindowsUpdate" context="" type="1" thread="" file="ZTIWindowsUpdate">

Do we have an explanation for this issue? Or, do you know how to fix that?

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:24 PM
  • As I mention in my last post, open an elevated cmd.exe window, and try running the script manually with the following command:

cscript.exe \\server\deploymentshare$\scripts\ztiwindowsupdate.wsf /debug:true /debugcapture

and capture the error output in the reply.

Otherwise there is nothing to do.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:28 PM
  • I am receiving this error, however, when I go and rerun that script, it runs fine with no errors.  I re-imaged the PC again, ran the script in debug mode like you requested and this is what I am getting:
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.'debug' parameter was specified.Property debug is now = TRUEProperty debugcapture is now =Microsoft Deployment Toolkit version: 6.3.8330.1000SUCCESS: 0: Create object: Set oScriptClass = New ztiwindowsupdateBegin Windows Update. Reboot=[]  Retry=[]  Count = 2Property MSIT_WU_Count is now = 3Update progress [ 0 ] : Initializing Windows Update process (pass 3)Configuring Windows Update settings (manual update, use server)Windows Update Agent verion 8 found, OK to continueReady to Opt-In to Microsoft Update: WUA Version: 10.0.17134.1\\servername\deploymentshare$\scripts\ztiwindowsupdate.wsf(159, 5) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object
    Pretty much the same error.

• Edited by bguy_1986 Monday, June 11, 2018 3:14 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 2:47 PM