I have create a wallpaper Group policy in win2012 its applying only on win 8 client and not on win7 RRS feed

• Question

• when i try on win 7 SP1 gpupdate it shows that

Group policy failed. windows attempted to read the file \\sysvol\domain\policies>\gpt.ini from a domain controller and

was not sucessful. Group policy setting may not be applied until this event is resolved. this issue may be transient and

could be caused by one or more of the following.

Name Resolution/Network connectivity. file replication service latnecy. the distributed file client has been disable.

Please provide a solution so that i can implement Desktop wallpaper on my domain..

thank you

Irfan

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How about other Windows 7 machine? Will they have same problem? According to the error message, it seems like Windows 7 has read problem with the file. 

Please check if Windows 7 have permission to access the path \sysvol\domain\policies> through Windows Explorer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:33 AM
  • The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file Domain\SysVol\Domain l\Policies\{DFCDC694-6CDC-447F-B5F6-42991ACA6A2

F}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy setting

s may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient a

nd could be caused by one or more of the following:

a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.

b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller

has not replicated to the current domain controller).

c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

Please see above error now coming in windows 8 also.. Please share me the steps which i follows for win7 and win8.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 5:34 AM
  • Hi,

The link below provide a specific solution for this problem, please take it as reference:

Event ID 1058 — Group Policy Preprocessing (Networking):

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1456.event-id-1058-group-policy-preprocessing-networking.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:03 AM
  • The above link doesnot work.. again after setting Wallpaper through GP i am getting wkix32 error.. how to resolve wkix32.. please assist..
    Friday, May 22, 2015 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide more information aobut wkix32 error? Does it all system encounter this problem?

Monday, May 25, 2015 7:52 AM
  • Yes.. it encounter in all system having Win 7 win 8..
    Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

For wkix32 error, it would be better to post your question at following forum for further assistance:

http://kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

Monday, June 1, 2015 9:29 AM