Renaming the network interface RRS feed

• Question

• I want to change the network interface names from default Ethernet and Wi-Fi. (I have both)  I tried using the suggested powershell command line without success.

Any suggestions or solution?

Monday, July 20, 2015 2:21 PM

Answers

• You should be able to just go into the network adapter settings - right click and choose rename.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 5:37 PM
  • pmshah,

Could you please have a share about which command you have used to change the Network Interface name ?

WIFI changes a lot in Windows 10, so the command to change its properties might not work.

As Jeremy suggested, we may rename Adapter under control Panel by right click. Under:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:56 AM

All replies

• You should be able to just go into the network adapter settings - right click and choose rename.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 5:37 PM
  • pmshah,

Could you please have a share about which command you have used to change the Network Interface name ?

WIFI changes a lot in Windows 10, so the command to change its properties might not work.

As Jeremy suggested, we may rename Adapter under control Panel by right click. Under:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:56 AM