none
Common Internet File share not working with common name trough Checkpoint VPN connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

So here is a interesting problem that gets my head spinning. Connection established trough Checkpoint VPN towards our domain.

IP address and DNS with Gateway provided. Through CMD you can ping with reply to your server using the common network name, (server1T). You can RTSC to your server using the common name. But once you open windows file explorer and go "\\common server name"(\\server1T), you get your destination unreachable. Then you use the FQDN (\\server1T.domain.net), it works fine.

What has been done:

Checked All SLL, Radius, DNS config and replications, DHCP scopes, LDAP, WPAD, IPCONFIG, and Policy settings. No changes was made. The problem only started about 4 weeks ago, and its random.

Any one perhaps with an idea or who shares my problem.

Kind regards

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After reading you issue, I would like to know the issue occurs in the settled PC randomly or occurs in the random PC. Before we know that, we suggest you first check one option in TCP/IP properties.

Just go to "Network and Sharing center" > "Change adapter settings" > Right click the adapter which you used and choose "Properties". In this case, you need to set both VPN adapter and the network adapter which you used. After clicking "Properties", double click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4)" > "Advanced". In "Wins" tab, check "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP".

Please pay attention to that you need to perform the operations in both network adapter and VPN adapter.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:55 AM