none
Brand New Lenovo Carbon X1 - i.e. 11 "Not Responding" RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased a brand new Lenovo Carbon X1 decked out with every possible upgrade. From the first log-in, a majority of the pages loaded extremely slowly or in the case of my home page which is a Microsoft SharePoint site, sometimes never loads at all.  It is not the site as everyone in my company uses it and it works PERFECTLY fine on my older computer, which also is updated to the most recent version of I.E.

I have been a religious user of I.E. to the point that when websites are redesigned with a clear preference given to other browsers, leaving I.E. to struggle along, I quit visiting those sites.  CNN being a perfect example.

However, Microsoft has finally done it.  They have forced me to quit using I.E.  I have done all the updates.  I have reset.  I would have LIKED to uninstall and reinstall to try to fix the problem that way but Windows does not allow that. If I can't load my Sharepoint page immediately, this application is worthless to me.  I have tried all the troubleshooting options, but half of them don't even apply to my version of windows.

It is not my virus protection because I haven't even installed that yet.  Unfortunately with no resolution, it is goodbye I.E.

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi BeccaPerez1010,

I understand your confusion and we will do our best to help you get rid of this issue.

Since this is a Brand computer, Internet Explorer should be installed with add-ons, these add-ons might be not compatible with the new version, so we suggest you test your Internet Explorer in no add-on mode and remove them if you don’t need them.

Manage Add-ons

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/tips/manage-add-ons

Microsoft won’t prevent users from deleting Internet Explorer, you could disable Internet Explorer from feature and program, or delete all packages completely by using Command line.

Regards

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:44 AM