none
Enterprise Features Disabled: Your organization no longer has access to enterprise features. Please log out to access public data. RRS feed

• Question

• I have this issue with Excel 2016 when trying to send a query to a Data Catalog.  I've tried the and verified the suggestions in https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb999b4d-0024-48d5-8d95-635da60ea0ad/enterprise-features-disabled-your-organization-no-longer-has-access-to-enterprise-features-please?forum=powerquery but without success. 

I'm logged into both PowerBI and the Azure Data Catalog whilst I get the error.

Has anyone else seen this issue.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hello Ben,

It seems AAD no longer support user group license assignment, which is the case for a few of us Microsoft Employees not being able to sign-in with our Microsoft tenant. The solution was to call IT helpdesk and have the license assign to our individual user name. Can you double check with your tenant admin to see if this is the case?

Thanks,

Minh

Friday, January 27, 2017 8:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

Can you share what Power Query version you are running? Dat Ribbon Tab -> New Query Drop Down -> Query Options -> Diagnostics -> Version:

Also, have you successfully signed-in before on this machine?

Thanks,

Minh

Friday, December 9, 2016 10:03 PM
  • Hi Minh,

The version is 2.34.4372.163 32-bit, and I also tried it with Excel 2010 with the Power Query addin on a different PC, but got the same response.  So, I set up a new E3 trial, and hit the same problem.  When I look at both of the E3 tenants I have, the one thing that they have in common is that they are both trials (my MVP trial is a year long, the new trial is a temporary one just to validate this theory). 

I'm wondering if the trial version in some way?  (for example, I cannot raise support requests in either trial tenant).

Monday, December 12, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Just to add to this, looking through the trace logs I found this just prior to where it fails....

"Exception":"Exception:\r\nExceptionType: Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.TenantNotRegisteredException, Microsoft.Mashup.Document, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\r\nMessage: Your organization no longer has access to enterprise features. Please log-out to access public data.

Monday, December 12, 2016 9:20 AM
  • Hi Ben,

What is the user name you are trying to sign-in with for Excel 2016? Are you an admin to your O365 tenant? Can you check to see if that user name have a Power BI License assigned? https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/bulk-assign-licenses-in-office-365/

-Minh

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:30 AM
  • Hi Minh,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Excel is signed in with the same account as the Power BI user.  The account has a Power BI licence.  The user is an admin on the O365 tenants.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:03 AM
  • So moving this forward, I upgraded my PowerBI free trial to Pro, as I learned that the Data Catalog feature is a function of the Pro licence - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/, but alas but no joy here either.  Reading various community posts it appears that this functionality just isn't playing.  Pity really, it held a lot of promise, I guess I may revisit this in another 12 months.  Grr...
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delayed response, hope you had a good holiday! We got to the bottom of the root issue and it is external, Azure Active Directory is returning false negative for a few cases, including you. When asked through their API if you have a license it return false even though that is not the case. We have followed up with AAD team and will update when they reply.

Sorry,

Minh

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:22 PM
  • Hi Minh,

Thanks for the reply and delving into this.  I look forward to the reply :)

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delayed response, hope you had a good holiday! We got to the bottom of the root issue and it is external, Azure Active Directory is returning false negative for a few cases, including you. When asked through their API if you have a license it return false even though that is not the case. We have followed up with AAD team and will update when they reply.

Sorry,

Minh

Hi Minh,

Have there been any updates from the AAD team yet?

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:11 AM
  • Hello Ben,

It seems AAD no longer support user group license assignment, which is the case for a few of us Microsoft Employees not being able to sign-in with our Microsoft tenant. The solution was to call IT helpdesk and have the license assign to our individual user name. Can you double check with your tenant admin to see if this is the case?

Thanks,

Minh

Friday, January 27, 2017 8:45 PM