none
Silverlight Application not displaying MAPS RRS feed

• Question

• We have a customer who has a SharePoint 2010 portal and a webpart in it which uses the GIS MAPS. The application is a silverlight application. It displays everything but the actual MAP. I have added the URL to exclude it from parsing, but still it does not display the MAP. Can anyone help me on how to troubleshoot this issue? It works when not accessed through the UAG.

-Indy

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Indy,

a web part may use external web ressources as well (e.g. Web Service calls), thats why its important to know all the URLs its accessing. To make your application work you have to publish all those ressources as well.

-Kai

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:41 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Indy,

how did you published the Silverlight application? Did you use an application specific hostname for that application?

I had some troubles with Silverlight in the past. Its really important for those applications to not change the URL structure of the website, since HAT/Link translation can't change the Silverlight binaries during paththrough. So you have to make sure that you use the same host names and paths for internal and external access.

-Kai

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:39 AM
  • Hey Kai,

The silverlight5 application is designed to work inside the SharePoint portal as a webpart. I am collecting information abouit the URLs it uses, but I think it uses both internal and external links to gather information. It's GIS application. I have published the SharePoint application. Silverlight works partially through UAG.

-Indy

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 11:47 PM
  • Hi Indy,

a web part may use external web ressources as well (e.g. Web Service calls), thats why its important to know all the URLs its accessing. To make your application work you have to publish all those ressources as well.

-Kai

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:41 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 12:11 PM