The .HTM previewer is gone - recent updates to Outlook/Office - need to have the functionality restored. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of auto emailed reports that I created - they are all in .HTM format. Up until an office update - I think about Feb I was able to preview them in the email and not have to open a separate web browser page for each report. This ability disappeared with the updates. I have run the newest update hoping for a fix. I am running version 1804 9226.2114 Click to run Monthly Channel. 

The patch did not restore the function.

I can still do the process on my phone.

Since there are 20 reports a day I receive this way it has added a lot of time to the process. This article also deals with the issue - but no information on fix:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f621d2c-2c46-4e03-a057-e7db18ce21e6/htm-previewer-not-installed-office-2016?forum=outlook

Would like to get an update on whether this is being worked on or not.

• Edited by ScottW1rx Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:31 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the reply in this thread, our team is aware of this issue and still work on this issue now.

I’ve find this link in UserVoice forum. You could vote this thread.

If you really reply on this function, you may revert to an earlier version of Office 2016 as a workaround.

Please refer to this link for more details.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, May 4, 2018 6:48 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 7, 2018 1:14 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. 

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, May 7, 2018 1:14 AM
    Monday, May 7, 2018 1:13 AM