error 800F081F again after Command Prompt RRS feed

• Question

• i have excactly the same problem. I did right all ths steps, but it updated only 22% to me. Please someone help me. Its very important!
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This error code 800F081F means “CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING”, which states that the source for the package or file not found.

First, please let me know the detailed updates’ names and IDs which failed to install.

I suggest that you take the following steps to troubleshoot our issue:

Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder
    ================================================
    This problem may occur if the Windows Update Software distribution folder has been corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to rename this folder. Please note that the folder will be re-created the next time we visit the Windows Update site.

1. Click "Start", in "Start Search" item, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
    2. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:

net stop wuauserv
    ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SD.old
    net start wuauserv

3. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose "Save" when you are prompted to save the file. Type "register.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the location.

4. Refer to the Desktop and right click the register.bat file, then choose "Run as administrator".
    5. You will see a DOS-like window processing. 

After that, please go to download the System Update Readiness Tool to test.

Please re-perform update in Clean Boot.

However, if it failed, please let me know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.

How to capture a screenshot
    ======================
    1. If there is any error received, please press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
    2. Click the "Start" Button, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.
    3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste". Then click the "File" menu, and click "Save".
    4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".
    5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

You can refer to the following link to upload the information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:10 AM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:45 AM