upload Office 2003 documents fire an error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm working on SHarePoint SP2 64 bit site.When I upload any office 2003 I get the error:

PutFileOpt, String bstrCreatedBy, String bstrModifiedBy, Int32 iCreatedByID, Int32 iModifiedByID, Object varTimeCreated, Object varTimeLastModified, Object varProperties, String bstrCheckinComment, UInt32& pdwVirusCheckStatus, String& pVirusCheckMessage)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.PutFile(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Object varFile, PutFileOpt PutFileOpt, String bstrCreatedBy, String bstrModifiedBy, Int32 iCreatedByID, Int32 iModifiedByID, Object varTimeCreated, Object varTimeLastModified, Object varProperties, String bstrCheckinComment, UInt32& pdwVirusCheckStatus, String& pVirusCheckMessage

But when I upload any office 2010 or 2007 I get no errors...

when opening word 2003 which exist in the library already i see the error sharepoint 2007 word cannot run the converter 632

I am too late but i will never give up

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Just in case, can you see if you have Disk Space on the SQL Server?, what about the LOG Files? Big?

MVP Office Development, MCP, MCTS SharePoint 2010 Development

Monday, June 18, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Hi!

Just in case, can you see if you have Disk Space on the SQL Server?, what about the LOG Files? Big?

Their server has enough space since it is new.Also since Office 2007 and Office 2010 documents are working fine (uploaded) I don't think the space could be a reason...

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:34 PM
  • Have you tried to upload using explorer view?

Also is there Document Information Panel to fill out when you save the document?

Aniket

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:33 AM
  • Hi,

Here you go for the fix:

http://smalltips.info/?p=382

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Have you tried to upload using explorer view?

Also is there Document Information Panel to fill out when you save the document?

Aniket

The only thing I see is the browse button and upload multiple documents link.I used that link and in that case takes very long time so I canceled it.

When select Explorer view I get "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage".

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:26 AM
  • Hi,

Here you go for the fix:

http://smalltips.info/?p=382

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

The Server Windows is Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit.I didn't find MSWord6.wpc in Text Converter\Import in the registry editor...

We installed Office 2007 on that server...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:31 AM
  • What sort of permissions you have?

Aniket

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:10 AM
  • What sort of permissions you have?

Aniket

I confirmed the error occur with the SiteCollection Administrator himself.As I said before the problem occurs only with office 2003 documents.

Office 2007 and Office 2010 documents work fine...

I'm using SharePoint 2007 SP2 64 bit on Windows 2008R2 64 bit.

I installed Office 2007 on the server...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:21 AM
  • Hi!

Any thing else I should check ? It is SharePoint 2007 SP2 64 bit on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit.Is there any bugs confirmed about this by microsoft?

Friday, June 22, 2012 3:49 PM