"Some part of your SQL statement is nested too deeply" RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently managing a single server implementation of SharePoint 2007. We have a bunch of sites and its a bit all over the place but its all working fine...all except one list.

This list manages our change control for our company, and recently we have been getting an "Unexpected Error". Upon some further digging I seem to be getting a Unkown SQL error 191, Some part of your SQL statement is nested too deeply. Initially it was only 1 item that was effected, but now the number is growing to the point where its a major concern. Now I have had a look at the 2 other instances of this error being mentioned on the forums, and the PowerShell script that is supposed to fix this but is regarded a hack (which it is), is there any word on this being fixed at Microsoft's end

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:10 PM Quotes put around error message and the fact that it is an error removed from Title
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:11 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:45 PM

All replies