Windows 'thinking' cursor appears with the rotating blue circle ALL the time RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new notebook with Windows 7 as my OS.  I was not familiar with Windows 7, and am still a novice with it to date.  My "problem ?" is that I have a windows 'thinking' cursor appearing with the rotating blue circle All the time .  I don't think it should be there, since I have only seen it with earlier Windows OSs when the computer was in the process of acting upon something, such as opening a program.  It wasn't there when I first started the computer when it was new.  I can't say for sure when it started, but I think the computer has slowed down a little bit since it appeared.  Is this symptomatic of something I need to fix?  I believe there are no security problems on my computer, but the cursor may have appeared when I had a couple of malware issues, which were succesfully fixed with Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware program. 
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 8:48 PM

Answers

• It may be malware related, perhaps a program is running in the background causing the system to be busy.

I would try running Microsoft's AntiVirus system (who better than Microsoft to know how to detect a malware on their own system).  It's called Microsoft Security Essentials, and it's totally free, from http://microsoft.com/security_essentials

Be sure to use Control Panel to remove your Malwarebyte's program first -- it's never good to have more than one antivirus program running at once.  Also remove anything like McAfee or Norton before installing Security Essentials, if you choose to try it.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:24 AM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 3:53 AM

All replies

• It may be malware related, perhaps a program is running in the background causing the system to be busy.

I would try running Microsoft's AntiVirus system (who better than Microsoft to know how to detect a malware on their own system).  It's called Microsoft Security Essentials, and it's totally free, from http://microsoft.com/security_essentials

Be sure to use Control Panel to remove your Malwarebyte's program first -- it's never good to have more than one antivirus program running at once.  Also remove anything like McAfee or Norton before installing Security Essentials, if you choose to try it.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:24 AM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 3:53 AM
  • THANK U

Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:37 AM