Setup APP V 5.0 Management Server with Citrix Server 7.0 Xen desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

If some one is already worked on APP V 5.0 server and client setup kindly  provide me complete details of APP V 5,0 sp2 installation instructions of client and management server, publishing and SQL server. I have a requirement of to publish the application through APP V 5.0  management server to citrix server. Our envrionment is based on citrix. So I need a clear information of setting up the server and publishing the app v client on citrix server.

End to End details. We have 140 citrix servers in future mode here is the requirement. In the current environment we have 80 citrix server and we have one admin security group and another one is user security group. In the User security group we had added all the domain users and publishing to the citrix servers.

Can we configure APP V 5.0 Management Server with citrix server ?

Example : We need to publish one single application (APP v 5.0) in All the citrix servers in single instance.

If yes possible then what would be procedure to configure and what would be app v client settings.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar.

Deepak Kumar

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:28 PM

Answers

• The procedure would be:

1) Set up the App-V infrastructure. More info here

2) Virtualize your application using the sequencer

3) Add the package to the App-V infrastructure using the Management Server

3) Install the App-V Client on the Citrix servers, point to the publishing server and enable Shared Content Store to save storage space

4) Publish the application to the Citrix servers (global) or to the user. Both using Active Directory groups.

A step-by-step tutorial can be found here

Friday, December 12, 2014 12:37 PM