none
Need to login using a cookie RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!!

I´m developing a Sharepoint 2013 login form (Sharepoint 2013 application) and I need to check if a cookie generated in another Web app is present then login using information stored in this cookie (No critical info stored here). I know the cookie is generated but I can´t  read it from the sharepoint app. When I check if the cookie exists the cookie is null.

Edit

Right now, this application used to Log In is a Single Sign On app, it is used by multiple applications in the organization (Via an authentication coookie). What I need to do is that my Sharepoiint Login page calls this application which generates a cookie (not authentication coookie) its a normal cookie whith some information that will allow me to login and generate the security token via my membership provider in my sharepoint app. 

Any additional steps or something I need to do for this to work?

• Edited by RVP1992 Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:41 PM More Info
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to call the cookie which generated in Single Sign On app in your SharePoint login page.

If your SharePoint app and the SharePoint single sign on app are in the same domain, you can set the cookie with a domain level asp.net authentication cookie using setAuthCookie and some web.config changes.

Here is a code demo for your reference:

Single Sign-on in ASP.NET and Other Platforms

Thanks

Best Regards

Jerry Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Shakir Jahir John Monday, February 2, 2015 7:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Friday, February 6, 2015 1:43 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 6:25 AM