Service Level Dashboard Web Parts in SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have the SLD 2.0 installed which is working fine with no problems in it's own site template.

What i want to be able to do is to add the web parts into our intranet SharePoint environment which is in the same web application but in a seperate site collection. When i try to add the Master Container web part i get this error:

An unexpected error has occurred.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

I also tried creating a team site within the SLD site collection and get the same problem. All the other web parts just say 'There is no data to display' within the web part.

I have tried re-deploying the solutions into all web applications which had no affect. I also tried to start the features which got this for each respective web part error:

Failed to instantiate file "SLOChart.webpart" from module "WebParts": Source path "SLOChart.webpart" not found.

However i noticed that the features are also inactive in the working SLD template so i ruled this out as being the problem.

Has anybody been able to get these working outside of the SLD template? Or has this been disabled by desgin?

Thanks
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:19 PM

Answers

• Marc

This is not supported scenario.  But along with what you have done, you should also change web.config file in order to get it working.  You cannot just have one web part into your intranet sharepoint environment.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:34 PM

All replies

• Hey Marc
    Its a really good question.  The webpart as Im sure you have checked is marked as global so I though like you it should go into other parts of sites/farms, but to no avail for me anyway.

What I do is have a sharepoint site for systemcentre, a scom page and on it a link to the SLD

Far from what you are hoping for but all I have managed to get working so far....
    Im not sure if the SLO's will publish past the single page, single site model that it uses

If however you get it working post back and let us know

Paul
    Paul Keely
    Monday, February 8, 2010 5:51 PM
  • Marc

This is not supported scenario.  But along with what you have done, you should also change web.config file in order to get it working.  You cannot just have one web part into your intranet sharepoint environment.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:34 PM