locked
Immediate alerts not working in MOSS 2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Observations and troubleshooting steps:

    This is happening only to one particular web application ,where only one site collection with in a single content database.

    Technically only immediate alerts configuring through stsadm , though weekly alerts are not configured we are getting report after a week.

    Disabled and enabled immediate alerts property but no luck

    Restarted the timer services but no luck

    Cleared the farm cache but no luck

    Users has email associated with this his data, so there is no issue with respect to the email.

    For other web applications it is working fine, I checked for timer lock and it is corresponding to X server

    I changed to X server for the web application where there is issue. But no luck.

    I have followed the below blogs, as per the blog it says there should not be any output for the following SQL query but I am getting output with 470 rows. I think there is something wrong here. Please help.

     

    select * from eventcache where EventData is not null    executed against content database where alerts are not working.

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/harikumh/archive/2008/05/25/troubleshooting-alerts.aspx

    http://dzeee.net/sharepoint/post/2010/01/17/Alerts-not-working.aspx


    Thanks, Ram Ch

    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:19 PM

All replies

  • Hi Ram

    Greetings. pls refer this link

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/steve_chen/archive/2009/11/23/alerts-in-sharepoint-troubleshooting-moss-wss.aspx


    Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the answer if it helps you

    Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:41 AM
  • Thanks Lakshman for the reply, I tried all the steps mentioned in the link but no luck

    I could not find any thing in the verbose logs.


    Thanks, Ram Ch

    Friday, July 25, 2014 4:01 PM